Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 120/108/97 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default What's Thyroid?

Originally posted by Built:

Quote:
Occasional "refeeds" of carbohydrate can help keep your thyroid from slowing down - something that IS, unfortunately, associated with dieting.

Thyroid: is a very important gland in the human body. It controls the rate of metabolism or how fast the body burns calories and operates. The thyroid also controls how some other important glands and functions work, so it's important to know if it is working properly. Regulates metabolism and blood calcium levels.

Built, thanks for pointing this out, now i know what a thyroid is and what it does for my body . I didn't knew about it before but after a google search and reading about it i finally understood. I'm gonna keep doing my ATKINS for now but i might change it for NHE later cos i think that's the best diet for weight training and cardio work. I haven't started my weight training yet but i did went on a 1 mile walk this morning, could have been running but i got so tired after the first 2 min that i decided to slow down and just walk. I thank all of you for your support: built, liftnlady,lisa N, jagbender, misscollie1 (and all others that i might forget, you know who u are for it has made me wanna do this even more