View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 11:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/-/120 Female 5'4"
BF:27/25/19
Progress: 37%
Default Low Carb Junk Food

I've found that Low Carb junk foods usually don't work for me at all... the ones with high alcohol sugars will stall me. I've learned to avoid any sort of candy, "health bar," etc.

Now I try to stick to high fiber, low alcohol LC junk foods... one of my favorites is the "Endulge" series of ice creams, especially the ones with 4-5 grams of fiber per serving. They're delicious and the fiber helps a lot with a low carb diet. I also like the "Carb Countdown" chocolate milk. These are both low in net carbs and high in nutritional value. They're basically the only "Frankenfoods" that I eat now and I'm happy with them. I get my chocolate/sweet fix without stalling myself while also benefitting from healthy nutrients.

I'd suggest finding one or two HEALTHY LC treats and sticking to those. I know it's difficult to break the addiction to candies, cookies, different sorts of ice cream, etc... but if you can find just a small handful of safe, tasty treats to stick to than you'll be a lot better off. Make sure they're actually healthy, though... there are a lot of healthy LC treats out there, you just have to read the labels and choose wisely.