View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 11:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/300/225 Male 5ft 11in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
2. Now this is were I am clueless...what about toning/sculpting. I really want my thighs to firm up a bit so...should I do them everyday? I was thinking after I do the cardio, I would alternate an area for each day (arms, chest, back, stomach, thighs (does that include the butt, or are there other exercises for that?), and calves - that's everything, right?) Could I do thighs each day, or is that not good?

I wouldn't do any area of the body every day. The great thing about weight training is that is works ofr several days. In that, I mean when you are lifting weights your muscles actually tear. They then repair themselves over the next couple of days - depending on how intense you work out. If you work the same region every day it never has time to heal. The healing process is what build muscles. I alternate my upper and lower body. I work out four times a week with at least a two day rest for each ares.

As for exercises. I would suggest when doing your legs to do leg extension and hamstring extensions (one you lie down the other is sitting, usually the same maching) Also an easy exercise you can do is lunges. Either with or without weights. You can do this at home or at the gym. Those are the basics. Depending on your gym I would talk with a trainer to determine what is best for you. For your bottom there are two great excercises - Running and swimming. If you have ever noticed, swimmers have the best butts, this is for a reason.