#14   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 10:17
Thank you Dr Atkins!

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 311/250/220 Male 6 feet
BF:45%/20%/15%
Progress: 67%

Normally, weight loss is a function of several things:

1. The number of carbs you eat per day. The fewer carbs you eat per day -- the faster you lose weight

2. Exercise. The more you exercise -- the faster you lose weight. When you weigh as much as us -- you do not need to go run for miles. Just little things like extra walking, climbing stairs, physical work / labor -- is often enough because we weigh more, our bodies have to expend more energy. As you lose weight, then you will have to become more active to burn the same number of calories.

3. The number of calories. Note that too few calories is a problem (under 2,000 calories per day?) -- but too many calories will slow your weight loss down.

4. Vitamins, Minerals, and amino acids. These can also help your body burn the fat, build muscle, etc.

Also note what others have said. Although my weight did not change for nine months, I continued to lose about 1 inch off my waist about every 3 or 4 months. (I eat too many calories -- in fact, I stuff my self too much -- but I stay close to zero carbs)

Muscle weighs more than fat. If you replace your fat with muscle (which is what low carding does) then you may not lose weight even though you lose fat and add muscle.

Think long term. Hopefully, you have read all the medical advice on why low carbing is better for your health. I will never stop low carbing because it has cured so many health problems for me.