View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 01:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 277/234/177 Female 67 inches
BF:63/47/29
Progress: 43%
Default High blood pressure medication

Hi, my name is Joyce. I want to start a low carb wol but when I tried the Atkins diet a few months ago, I didn't loose any weight after three weeks on the induction diet. I decided this must have been due to the medications I was taking, Zoloft, an antidepressant and Hzarr, an angiotensin II antigonist and thiazide diuretic combination for hypertension. I have spent the last couple of months slowly withdrawing from the Zoloft and I have now been completely of the drug for about two weeks. The hypertension drug is a different story. My doctor says that I have to keep taking it. From what I understand about the Atkins diet information, this drug can make me metabolically resistant to weight loss on this diet. I know that the diet is suppose to be a "natural" diuretic but I don't want to go off the drug against doctors orders. Does anyone know if any of the other low carb diets, South Beach, Zone, etc., will work in spite of the fact that I need to take this blood pressure medication. I'm sure there must be others out there in cyber space who have been faced with this problem.....I am anxious to get started on a diet, but I don't want to set myself up for another failure. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Sponsored Links