View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 20:44
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

I'm new too and just started SBD almost 3 weeks ago so I don't know alot yet. I'm feeling very healthy on this food plan. Just giving up sugar and flour products was big enough for me to see weight loss.

FYI-A few years ago my cholesterol was 233 so I ate oatemal for a few months for breakfast( old fashioned cooks as fast as instant and has a lower glycemic index) and I got my cholesterol down to 175.

I am eating mostly fish and chicken for dinners sometimes a steak, lots of veggies and I can tell that this plan is something I can live with!!

I'm in this for the long haul so I expect to be around here to give and get support.

while the SBD doesn't count carbs per say, they are conscious of the glycemic index of all carbs. Some are better than others. Cherries and berries are low on the scale while bananas, watermelon and pineapple are on the high side. The higher the GI number the longer it takes to burn in your body which turns it into sugar/insulin which then gets stored!! stored=fat!!!

I'm so glad to have found this site and people who are going through thie same stuff I am....Thanks for being here!!
Sponsored Links