View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 18:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 326/298/250 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress:
Default New & Confused...What am I doing wrong?

I have been on Atkins induction now for about 10 weeks. I have lost about 28 pounds. I am a type II diabetic. The problems I am having are I am testing with ketone strips and during the day they do not turn color or if they do it is a very very pale purple. In the middle of the night, however, I seem to be doing much better as they turn very purple. Sooo question 1 = Is this normal and why don't they turn during the daytime. I think I am staying on 20 carbs or less per day.

My other problem is when I take my diabetic medicines which is actos, glyburide and glucophage (metaformin) and eat less than 20 carbs per day my blood sugars are excellent (in the 90's) but the ketone strips do not turn colors at all and I seem to not lose weight very quickly. When I discontinued all diabetic medicines after discussing this with my doctor I am losing weight (about 1 pound every two to three days) but my blood sugars have jumped up to the mid 200's. Sooo question two = Are there any diabetic medicines available to help with the blood sugar and not interfere with the weight loss?

I am very new to this forum and websight but any help given will be greatly appreciated and listened to intently. Thank you!
Sponsored Links