View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 01:31

Plan: PPP
Stats: /////////// Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Amy,

I have to add to what Alto has said. I was a huge fan of any bakery products, popcorn, corn chips, and especially bread. It didn't have to be sweet, just starchy.

I started low-carbing with the Protein Power Plan. I got hold of a very old copy of the video/cassette set and began by eating 10 carbs a meal and 10 in snacks for 40 carbs a day. I also subtracted fibre. It may seem unbelieveable, but I lost weight steadily, about a pound every week or so. I often ate a half a piece of toast or a quarter of a bagel as a carb serving, and felt satisfied.

I also fell off the wagon a lot, but it didn't seem to be a big deal. I just climbed back on and got on track again, and I kept losing.

Now I don't lose weight on 40 carbs a day but I don't gain either. However, the amazing thing is that I no longer have any cravings for starches. EVER!!! Those cravings only return if I start eating lots of carbs. Now I can eat a bite of bread and wonder why I ever thought it tasted so good. I recently ignored a whole plate of home-made cinnamon buns and didn't care at all. This did not happen quickly, but it has happened, and what a wonderful freedom! I used to hate being controlled by cravings for those foods.

So if CAD doesn't seem to do the job, you might want to try PPP. But most of all, don't give up. All the benefits are there for you and they are worth the patience it takes to get to them.