Old Sun, Nov-26-00, 10:01
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Unhappy SAD rant

My turn.

When I woke up this morning, I thought 'oh no, too early. Just barely dawn - not light out yet.' Hmmph. It was 8:30, and this is how bright it's gonna be for the rest of the day. Pouring rain - bordering on freezing rain, it's leaving a glaze on everything. I want to crawl back into bed and stay there till tomorrow. SIGH

Can't do that though. I have so much that I have been neglecting for a while now; I really have been spending way too much time parked in front of this computer. As of right now, I'm on a cyber-diet. I think in fact that I am going to go back to doing my writing with pen and paper; too easy to procrastinate and too easy to find distractions when working in the word processor. And I have a half-finished watercolour begging me to fill in those white spaces!

Last night I realized that for weeks, the only phone calls I've had are wrong-numbers, charity soliciting, and Mom (I have DSL, so phone still works while on-line) Many of my old friends and family are on-line too; we exchange e-mails a lot more often than we could ever afford to do with long distance phone calls. But I haven't spoken to some others in weeks, and that is a sad mistake on my part. Anyway, it's time to readjust my priority list, and real life is calling. Just wish I had more energy to contribute to it.

I'll stop the introspection now. Today's priorities - given that the weather is screaming 'STAY IN, STAY IN' - will be dealing Mt. Laundry, phoning some friends and finishing a fiction piece I was supposed to hand in last week but writer's block and cyber-distraction . . . . well, you get the drift.

Doreen
p.s. - I wish there was a little face icon with a tear in the eye for SAD. The blue frown just doesn't express it enough.