Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Re: is it for everyone?

Quote:
Originally posted by luxy
I'm just wondering- does everyone lose weight if they stick to the no-carb, high protien diet well?
Could it be possible that my enzymes work differently or something?

Hi Luxy,

Great question!

Nothing is for everyone . We all differ in our biochemistry, and that's the least of our differences due to genetics.

However, there are more factors in effect than pure genetics.

I would claim that you may put two identical twins on a the same plan, and they may have different results. Why? Well, some may eat the same percentages, i.e. the same number of carbs, but differ in what carbs they are, what fat ratio they eat, how much calorie deficient they are, etc. There are so many factors involved. Following a plan once, will not always yield the same result 5 years later, since our metabolism changes with age.

The finer details are quite complex per individual, that the best judge is yourself. You may try various things to see what is best for you .

But the bottom line, is yes, different people get different results. In fact the same person will get various results following a plan depending on where they are in their life in terms of health, age, activity, intake, stress, even based on the season. So the best thing is to observe and record result and how you react to each change. Any changes you make, make them one at a time for a reasonably long period in order not to mix the changes you implement, and may cause erroneous assumptions.
This may take some time, but our bodies are woth it.

I've seen many people try to change so many things in so short period that they just get confused and quit.

We all have to tweak things to our own bodies. This may sound like a lot of research, but a little patience and a keen eye, will spare us a lot of guess-work.

Wa'il