View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 09:05

Plan: Atkins (Induction)
Stats: 176/166/150 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default How I Got Induction to Actually Start Working...

Hi everyone,

So I was on Induction for two weeks, and although I'd dropped two pounds, I wasn't going any further. I was religiously eating less than 20g of "net carbs" a day, exercising, and all, but I wasn't going any lower. More specifically, I would drop a pound or two lower, then rebound right back up. This happened several times, and I was sure frustrated.

Then, following the advice of people on this board, I threw out all of my Atkins Advantage Bars and anything else that was sweetened with sugar alcohols. Atkins says that only the "net carbs" matter, but I remembered losing weight once on Atkins *before* the bars were available, and lo and behold, once I threw them out, I started losing every day! IGNORE THE "NET CARBS" LIE! At least, if you're having trouble losing on Atkins. Count total carbs, including all of those fake sugars that Atkins claims don't affect you. They sure affected me.

Also, I had been drinking lots of carb-free beverages that contained citric acid (Fruit-2-O and others), which I heard on this board was a staller. I cut out all of those and started drinking only pure, natural water.

So, a week after throwing out all the bars and drinks with citric acid, I'm now down six pounds! And what's more, once I gave up those sweet, too-good-to-be-true Atkins bars, I've been SO MUCH LESS HUNGRY that it's ridiculous. I don't crave anything now.

It's too bad that Atkins' company is undermining the success of their own diet by trying to make money off unknowing, trusting people, with these pre-packaged products... Rather than dishonestly saying that Net Carbs are all that matter, they should really warn on the box that some people are affected by them just as they are by regular carbs, and to proceed with caution...
Sponsored Links