View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 17:05

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

I remember once reading on a newsgroup message board that someone would take sugar free chocolate pudding and mix it with cream cheese. There was silence for a few hours, and then a flood of posts, most of them saying, "I thought everybody did that!!!" (I haven't tried it.)

I've bought the low carb bars, etc, and don't like them. If I can't have real chocolate, I don't want any at all! I do use peanut butter as a snack, though. The all natural is lowish carb, at least --and no sugar added. On Protein Power, one can have small amounts of fruit, and I'll spread peanut butter on apple slices. Or almond butter in celery.

Otherwise, it's salami, pepperoni -- perhaps not the best choices, because they have Stuff added, but they're not sweet. And cheese. Try cutting cheese in chunks and sticking it in the oven -- it melts and is delicious (butter the pan first!)

I'd also cook up chicken wings or chicken legs and hard boiled eggs to have them in the fridge so I can grab them.

There are dozens and dozens of prepared low carb snacks now -- check out Netrition, on this site, and dozens of other low carb stores. Cookies, candies, ice cream, etc. There are two philosophies on this -- either it's fine to eat substitutes; just count the carbs OR it's best to kick sweets and pseudosweets. You'll find what you can tolerate

Good luck!