View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 18:37
There and Back Again

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/194.4/140 Female 5'3"
BF:42%/42%/20%
Progress: 9%
Smile Well there is low-rise, and Loooow-rise...

As a petite woman, I find that lower rise--roughly belly button jeans look much better than waist-high ones on me... mostly because waist-high is defined by 5'10" models, so when I at 5'3" wear waist-high stuff, it is horribly uncomfortable and looks silly.

Lower rise can nicely flatter a rounder tummy if they are cut right. A woman with tummy curves can be very lovely. Belly dancers, for example, wear lower rise cosutmes, and not all of them are thin women. There is some sensuality in a lovely round tummy.

Now I saw a woman at the gym today who was wearing her shorts so low I think I caught a glimpse of hair that I didn't really want to see. She wasn't particularly fat, nor was she thin, but I think that was a bit extreme and not quite tasteful.

I mean, I think people need to use common sense and look in the mirror. If YOU think it looks good, then YOU are the one who ultimately counts. But if it doesn't look good, try to be honest with yourself and find the size, cut, and fit that flatters you.

Anyone can look beautiful in clothes, and equally, anyone can look bad. Unfortunately (or fortunately, perhaps) not everyone is born with the same taste.