#10   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 17:27
WannaHaveFun

Plan: protvegfatprotvegfatprotv
Stats: 183/165/155 Female 67 in
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default The Passionate Cook

Sorry if there's already a thread on here about this, but I haven't noticed it. Just wanted to mention that Karen's latest cookbook was launched just a few weeks ago. The Passionate Cook isn't low-carb per se, but it has many low-carb recipes and others that are, um, low-carb-able (?).

Here's a sample recipe from her publisher's website: Tea-Scented Fresh Goat Cheese

It's a beautiful book and embodies Karen's creative and philosophical approach to food, using fresh and local ingredients and incorporating techniques and tastes from around the world. I highly recommend it! So far I've just been reading it (something I tend to do more often than actually cook) -- but it does make for great reading, and I'm sure it inspires my day-to-day cooking and also gets me thinking about the next dinner party.

Karen, how would you feel about a thread where people can generate and share carb counts for some of the more low-carb recipes, and also talk about adapting recipes? I for one would love to try that Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce but can't figure out how to make a syrup with Splenda!