View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:50

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

While you all bring up some very good points, I gotta ask why do you care what people think of our WOL?

Lucy and tcastro are right when they make the general statements about people being lazy. I'll take it a step further and say that in general, people are uninformed, cant think for themselves and sometimes they're just plain stupid.

If someone comes to me for guidance, I'll share my experience with them in order to help them out as much as I can.

However, if someone says to me "you shouldn't do Atkins because I heard it will (fill in the blank)", I ask them for proof. I haven't gotten any valid proof yet!!! Surprised, neither am I!!!

My own mother (who I've writted about in an LA weightloss thread on this site) said something like this. . . My friend Judy who is a nurse, says that Atkins can really hurt your gall bladder. I said you tell Judy that I've never eaten more green veggies, or drank more water or exercised this much, or felt better in my whole life. Do me a favor and tell Judy that she's full of cr~p.

Because my mom is still uninformed about this WOE, she's gonna take what her friend (who must be an expert because she is a nurse - right? ? ?) says as the truth. Why, because my mom is too lazy to red the book - even though she bought "Atkins for Life" for me because she thought I would like it.

The funny thing is. . . ANOTHER NURSE, my MIL, gave us her Atkins book. The even funnier or sadder thing is that she never read the whole book and she often asks my DW this question, "so what DO you eat?"

I dont mean to dump on my mom here, I'm just using her and her friend as a real life example.