#3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 09:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/168/145
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi,
I've experienced much of the same thing, but I am giving myself a break this week (mentally, I mean!) because of the Thanksgiving debacle and because TOM is due tomorrow...scale is up, but I'm ignoring it and LCing away. I think the slower weight loss for us is that we each have 30-40 pounds to lose, which in the grand scheme of things is not so much and therefore the weight will come off slower. I posted a message in my second week of induction at how frustrated I was that I had only lost 4 pounds. Then I think it was Nat who pointed out, on what other diet have you lost 4 pounds in 9 days? She had a point. Focus also on how you feel. Isn't it nice not to crash at 4pm every day? To give your teeth a break from all that sugar? (if you're like me you have a million cavities!). Just don't give up...at least give it a month or so, your body needs to really adjust to your new way of feeding it and you owe it to yourself to at least give it a decent shot. I know how you feel, I promise, just don't give up!!!
Susan