View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 06:35

Plan: GI diet
Stats: 162/158/147 Female 5' 7.5"
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hi All,

Have just joined this forum and liked the idea of talking to others with an alcohol problem (!)

I started Atkins a few weeks back and the only thing I couldn't give up was the evil grape , but after a week on holiday drinking FAR too much I plunged back into Induction with a vengeance and haven't had a drink for a week.
The scary thing is, I've suddenly realised how often I did have a drink - and what a habit it was to always have a glass of wine (okay, or two!) when meeting friends or after having a tough day at work.

That being said, I'm looking forward to being allowed 'just the one' occasionally post-Induction - I know that you shouldn't bring it back in until rung 5 of OWL, but since it doesn't affect the fat burning system (just means that the alcohol will be used first), it's not like feasting on biscuits!

My poor Hubster has been keeping me company on my alcohol-free sojourn - he's as thin as a reed anyway, but since my will power seems to be next to none, I couldn't have managed without him (or with him avec un verre du vin!)

As for exercise... sigh! When can you fit it in the day?? I'm lucky in that I already walk 25 mins to and from stations for work... have a sneaking suspicion that this isn't really enough though...

Anyway, just wanted to drop a line and say hi - and that I'm relieved that I'm not the only one out there who enjoys a glass (several! )now and again!!

Cass.