View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 06:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 360/339/140 Female 5'3
BF:60%/60%/22%
Progress: 10%
Wink

It is a hard one - once you have wiped out cereal & toast we are not left with much.

Have you tried omelette? A good thing to put in it sliced sausages and a tonne of cheese. A good sausage to have is the mattesons, i think its only 1 carb per 100g, which is nice. try adding some mushrooms too.

You could venture into making a loaf of Atkins Bread - but in all honesty, i found this really nasty, tasted like it was made from baked beans. Savory pancakes are also a good idea. I find making a batch of these and adding a hefty amount of herbs in the mix tasted pretty good. if you make them quite thin a fold them into quarters to make a cone-shape you can make little pockets that you can fill with goodies. Scrambled egg & smoked salmon - maybe some cream cheese & ham.

pancakes make a good DIY pizza - just make a load of pancakes with loads of italien herbs in the batter, onec cooked spread a thin coat of a basic tomato pizza sauce. Add cheese, thin sliced sausage, maybe some onions too, put the whole pan under the grin to make it go brown and the cheese bubble. Not as good as a stuffed crust, but very addictive.

I must admit that i am a big fan of easy & quick things as i work and i usually tired from swimming. Try to find a few things that you can have for a quick meal that yiou can put in the cupboard. I try to buy jars of things with less than 10% carbs. There are some good pasta sauces which are great for eating with chicken & melted cheese.

I know that everyone says that breakfast is very important - myself i can't stomach eating that early. i just start my day with a glass of water, which is very important on the low carb diet as it helps flush your body out.

I hope that any of this of help to you - let me know if you come up with any more