View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 03:58
Southern Gentleman

Plan: CKD
Stats: 272/219/210 Male 70.5 inches
BF:30+/20-21/14-15
Progress: 85%

You worked out during carb-up or after? It's best not to work out during carb-up, as this defeats the purpose. Well, not totally, but when lifting you are using glycogen which would be keeping you from "super-compensating" glycogen in your muscle during carb-up, which is the whole point of eating the tons and tons of carbs.

Myself, I take as many naps, hehe, as I can.....it's not hard, those carbs really make you drag a%# in short time! It's truly a day or two off after the depletion workout is over, depending on how long I decide to carb-up.

Also, you should definetly not be in ketosis during or immediately after carb-up. Have you read anywhere about eating fruit right before your depletion workout to kick you out of ketosis for the workout? This will make you burn more glycogen duing your depletion workout instead of burning fat as energy, thereby setting your muscles up to better supercompensate glycogen storage during carb-up. Of course, your body still spills ketones to some extent after going out of ketosis, as it is getting rid of the excess that you are not using any more.