#9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 22:01
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default eat right 4 your type

There's a somewhat useful review of the book at About.com, Click here to read it. If you scroll down the page, there are links (in the pink box) where you can click on your blood type for 5 pages of food lists. Foods are listed as beneficial, neutral or avoid. Interesting, but ...

I'm a type A (go figure), and according to this, I'm supposed to be strict vegetarian, maybe some fish. Hmmm .... been there, done that, am now allergic or at least sensitive to most grains.

For Karen's type O, indeed it's the hunter-gatherer type, except no pork, bacon or ham, and NO DAIRY! is beneficial, maybe butter and some goat cheeses. Oh, and no caviar either, or berries or melons ..

Type B can eat anything, and type AB is an amalgam of types A and B.

I haven't read the book myself, so can't comment on the insulin-resistance link. Perhaps it has to do with the Type O's, who have the hunter-gatherer type? Blood type O is most common, approx. 45% of the North American population. Type A is second, around 40%, type B third at 4%, and type AB is only 1%. It's kind of hard to imagine that type A's should all be high-carb eating vegetarians, because we know that high-carb, lowfat and lowmeat diets fail 95% of the time in the population as a whole.

Oh well, the food lists are interesting, do check them out...

Doreen