View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 11:29

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Hi Bcbeauty,

It may not be the diet that is doing this to your tom. I had a very similar experience last year one week before turning 39 and I was not on Atkins then. MY GP took me off bc because my blood pressure was 130/90. As soon as that happened I started having really heavy periods exactly like you describe. It was horrible and causing me to miss meetings at work. It went on for weeks without stopping. I finally got an appt with an ob/gyn as my regular doc couldn't do anything. One visit to the ob/gyn and I was in surgery the next day. Turns out I had uterine polyps. They are very common. The only way to diagnose was via ultrasound. I have not had any problems since the surgery, but my periods are slightly heavier than they used to be, but nothing like what caused me to have surgery. I don't think you mentioned if you were seeing a general practioner or an OB/GYN. If it is not an OB/GYN, I would recommend seeing one asap! MY GP let me go on like that for 5 weeks, the OB/GYN was shocked I hadn't been in sooner.

As for the BC, I lose weight steadily each month. It does not seem to have affected my weight loss.

I would encourage you to ask your doc for an ultrasound if you haven't already had one. If you are already anemic, it is time to get this under control now.