View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 10:19

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 232.8/210/185 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 48%

knitgirl...

I know it is hard when things arent going the way you wish they would. Overall, if you have lost 13 lbs, that is awesome . I am at 12 lbs and have been LCing for a little over 2 months.

I am totally not an expert, but I looked at your menu and will point out a couple of things.

1- Your carbs seem low! I think that is not a huge deal, but just something I noticed. The numbers I was seeing does not include fiber, so they are probably even lower if you look at 'net carbs'.

2- You are not eating many veggies. Somedays you hit your 3 cup target, but not often.

3- Coming from a person who has cheated, it takes a little while to bounce back from that. I am happy to just maintain the WI after a cheat, but would not find it odd at all to gain. 1/2 a pizza is a lot of carbs...add in the ice cream and syrup and...wow. It happens...dont beat yourself up over it, just dont expect to lose when that is a part of the weekly equation. I think someone mentioned Ketosis, and I think they are right...It will probably have taken a few good strict induction days to get back to fat burning...then you have to make up for the cheat.

4-Perhaps you are getting hidden sugar carbs in the salad dressings or the wing dressing. I dont know what you are making at home and what is restaurant food, but I see somethings like the wings over and over and I guess if they are breaded, or have sugar in the sauce, it could really take its toll if eaten regularly.

You have done a great job! A 13lb loss is a real acheivement! Remember though that this is a WOE...not a diet. Yes...alot (maybe even most) of us are here or at least started this to lose weight. However we know this is the way we will eat from now on. You have to be in it for more than the lbs because there are going to be weeks when nothing happens. I like the way I feel. I will do this long term...even when I am at goal. If you hate the WOE, maybe it is not for you? I find it easy and while I get frustrated when I dont lose, and that happened to me for 5 weeks, I still eat LC because I like LCing. You have to get in the right place mentally! You can do this Knitgirl! We are here to help you! Eat your veggies, drink your water and forge ahead!!