View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 05:44

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%
Default Losing muscle...

Hi guys, please don't flame me for this lol. I know what forum I'm in and I know y'all working hard to lose fat and gain muscle. My question is, if I wanted to lose primarily muscle, what should I do? I've found that the HARDEST thing is to reduce muscle, at least for me it is. I'm well proportioned on top but my lower body is VERY muscular. I don't have a distorted self-image. I'm realistic. I know what I look like. People have commented in the past how muscular my calves are and it's true. I think this is due to genetics plus the amounts of exercising I have done for the past 15 years. I think the best diet to lose muscle tissue is low-fat, but I do not want to do low-fat because of hunger issues. A high protein diet is "muscle sparing" right? So what should I do? I need protein to keep from getting hungry, but if I eat more of it, I maintain my muscle mass. I think a low-calorie diet will help to reduce muscle. But how low? And should I be exercising? And if so, how much? I know for some of you it's like a blasphemy to even think about losing muscle, but there IS a thing as having too much of it, especially on a girl. I am willing to put in some hard work to get through this. Please advise...

Thanks,

Serri
Sponsored Links