Thread: Vacation
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 08:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/237/130
BF:
Progress:

According to my mom several of the Women at work were doing the Atkins diet. One of them ended up in the hospital from (according to the doctor) doing the Atkins diet. I'm not sure what the exact problem was but it centered around her bowel functions from what I understand.

Also my mom has tried LC and she has gotten sick from it as well. Plus and here is the clincher....she doesn't like to cook because she doesn't like to mess up her perfect kitchen. Most of what she eats is either microwavable or baked. Very little on the top of the stove. Heaven forbid there be grease in her kitchen

Anyway, I think a lot of it stems from a lack of knowledge, and like many stubborn people. She thinks only her view is the correct view.

To be honest with you the only meal that is really going to be a problem for me should be breakfast as this is usually the only one that we eat at home, and as I said stove top cooking is pretty much out of the question. So, my typical eggs and sausage are kind of out of the question.

I hope this answers you questions about my mom.

Christina