View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 07:52

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink With a little help from your friends

Dear need2lose, Just wanted to let you know we are here for you. This forum has been a great help for me, for encouragement and also information and recipes. It's good to know you are not alone. I know it's hard to stay focused when stressful things happen in your life. But just plug away at it, and forgive yourself when you mess up...and just keep going.

I think being prepared is key to working this way of life. Especially with a fast paced lifestyle...You need foods you can grab and go. Salads are my mainstay. I know it takes time to make them. But you could make enough for lunch and dinner and keep in the fridge till you need it. Make sure you have enough protein readily available. Cook it ahead and portion it out as you go. I'm bagging up my leftover turkey from Thanksgiving and freezing it in meal sized portions. So I can pop them in the microwave and thaw and stick in my salad or whatever.

When I first started I wrote everything down I stuck in my mouth. That way I could gauge how I was doing and what may be helping or hindering my progress. It also helps to be that honest with yourself...not always easy, but necessary.

Well, I hope that has been helpful...be sure and take advantage of all these wonderful folks on the forum. Lots of people with big hearts and experience in this way of eating!!!! Victoria