View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 11:51
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Why am I Fat? Other than the fact that I ate too much.

I believe my heavyness was due to emotional eating. I was thin growing up, had a moment of chubbyness when I was 15 but that quickly went away and it was only really about 10 pounds that I was over. But doctors back then you know, just 10 pounds was enough to make them put you on calorie restricted diets.

Anyways, at 19 I got preggo and being a single Mom really was the hardest thing I had to ever go through in my life. Not having done things the right way and realizing that the Father would never marry me really put me on an emotional roller coaster. When we fought, I ate, when I cried I ate, when the baby cried, I'd get upset and I ate. When the baby smiled and looked just like his Father, I ate. It was really hard.

It came to a point where even after life got better for me as a single mom, anything stress related being at home, work, or motherhood, always led me to eating in order to comfort myself.

I thank God for Atkins. I've learned to control my emotional eating and actually I exercise now when I get emotional, much better habit to have if you ask me.

Plus having the support of my DH makes life so much easier and worth living now.

Hugs to all, may you all be successful in this weight loss journey.