#2   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 08:54
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/190/135 Female 5'5
BF:OMG Too Much
Progress: 56%

Why am I fat? What a question to face on Monday morning! LOL

I was a normal sized kid but as the teen years rolled around, I found myself endowed with a big bottom. I was never 'fat' with a belly or heavy arms but with that bottom and thighs I was also far from skinny. In my late teen and early twentys I was active and fought to keep my weight/size acceptable to myself. I had my first child and lost all of that weight. I had my second child and lost all of that weight.

This is where I got lost, I have been a cancer patient under treatment on and off since 1989. Alot of the meds given are steroids and cause weight gain. It also makes you feel really crappy. I am probably guilty of using food to feel better and as comfort. So, that is how I 'got fat' but I never really tried to do anything about it.

So, while I am not an over eater, I love the taste of rich and creamy foods. I am also a carb-a-holic

But LCing is really working well for me, so that tells me that I am fat because I eat too many calories and too many carbs. I am fat because i didn't want to pay attention to what I ate. I just didn't have the personal discipline to tell myself to eat healthy and avoid stuff like french fries and ice cream.

I did not hide behind my weight, as a matter of fact, you could even say I was in denial. I never actually saw myself (in my head) as heavy as the mirror revealed. I still have all of my 'skinny' clothes beleiving that some day I will be able to wear them. (good thing I do too!) I am the queen of denial.
I'd be like "Wow, non of my clothes fit, guess I need to go buy more" It was a shock to me to discover I weighed so much!

No excuses for me, I am fat cuz I like to eat and I like to drink beer. Alot!

BTW; great question Big John, I just love to read your posts!