View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 07:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 432/370/220 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Why Are You Fat?

No I dont want to hear its that you eat too much...Most people have a point in their life when they became overweight...Why didnt you stop it then why did you let it go till you were in the TDC club range?I want to hear your reasons why and how you got to being Fat...Hopefully it might help us all see some things or patterns that might help us all understand ourselves better
At 53 I have thought about this alot....how in the hell did I get to be 400lbs
Safety...This might sound weird but being fat meant being safe to me in certain situations...Growing up my Father was a Womanizer...Cheated on my Mom all the time...Finaly after 38 years they were Divorced...I should have known he was cheating probably did...but thought no not my Dad....Made a vow to myself I would never be like this...noway...I have been Married twice...10 years and 14years...never cheated once while I was married...but here is my deal...Iam not a Brad Pitt or Mel Gibson but I had women hitting on me in my first Marriage...I didnt want to be like my dad ,So i didnt cheat,but Iam human and sometimes it was hard to say no...So I found the Safety of getting fat....Once I was fat the problem was gone...didnt have to say no cause no one was interested...In between marriages lost weight than gained it back...to be safe again...When I finaly realized how absurd this was at the end of my second marriage it was to late
Emotions took over...my life was ruled by food...300-400lbs...I would eat because I was Angry....because I was lonely....because I didnt give a crap anymore....My life was food...Iam a great cook...so in my mind I would have a weekly line up of all the good foods I was going to make and eat...Food was my Solice and Comfort....Man I love to eat...it tastes so good....became the only thing in life I enjoyed...EATING GOOD FOOD
Well you probably guessed the rest of this story after a couple years of this 400+ lbs a body totaly wrecked diabetes and other complications...As I sit here thinking about this I realize how totaly STUPID this was and thank God I found this place and LC...Even thou I am divorced I still have three sons..21...15...4...I work at nights so I get to keep my 4 year old most of the week while my X works and I realize how much I missed with my first two sons being gone all the time driving Big Trucks....He is my soul and Inspiration....Unconditional love...For the last few years I have been hoping to live at least long enough for him to remember me...To Hell with that with you folks and LC Iam gonna see him graduate from UGA....Peace Out...Big John
Sponsored Links