View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 06:37

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%
Default how to cope without eating? (long)

ugh- im a wreck. i was passed up for the promotion i wanted at work for a man. im totally more qualified than him- my credentials are WAY better. i was motivated, driven, focused and really wanted this job. it was perfect for me. i kicked a$$ in my interview and thought i had it in the bag. to be fair- he did hold a higher position in the company than me to begin with, but my education and experience and seniority far outweighed his. and his only reason for wanting the job was for better hours. i guess the company had no choice but to accomidate him- but im just appalled that they just gave him the job- just handed it to him because he asked for it. i dont get the sense in it at all. why not give the job to someone who was so in it to really make a difference versus taking the chance of losing someone over hours. yes, he was an asset to the company as much as i am, i guess- but do they really think hes going to do as good a job as i would of? hell no. especially when he was honest about the fact he only wanted the job for the hours because he was suffering marital problems because of his hours. ya- he's real career driven. i mean u gotta do what u gotta do, but wtf. and to boot, this guy is someone i would have really considered a friend. i mean he helped me prepare for my interview and everything- and then cut me off at the knees. he swears he didnt plan it and bla bla bla. i played the part and told him there were no hard feelings, but there is. and im totally digusted with the company now. and dont even want to go to work anymore. ive never felt like this- i love my job- always have- and would not even have been upset if i was passed up for someone more qualified than me, but this whole thing is just a crock of $hit. i've been contemplating applying for HIS job, but its really not for me. his job includes disciplining people- the one i applied for wasnt. other than that, they were pretty similar- motivation and development, sales, etc. i dont know how i feel about disciplining people- its really not my thing- i was more looking for something where i could provide positive feedback, etc.

well, i just dont know how to handle it. i cant talk to him- or my boss because i'll just be viewed as a "sore loser" and hinder myself from doing anything else. im sure a pint of ben and jerrys would help to temporarily ease the pain and disappointment, but im not going there. i thought a walk this morning would have helped, but it didnt. i feel like complete $hit about it. ahhh- the joys of being a woman in corporate america.

sorry this was so long, but venting helped a little. thanks
Sponsored Links