View Single Post
  #193   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 12:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 332/308/180 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 16%

I hate the assumption that I lack drive and ambition.

I grew up in near poverty. I worked my way through college. I've worked in the accounting and insurance field. I'm currently working as the sole office person for a small company...for considerably more income than either of the two more "glamorous" jobs provided. Each and every job I've taken has had a purpose on the path of starting a business of my own. (Making my image match my future company is my sole motivation at this time.)

I hate the assumption that I'm desperate enough to date any man who shows interest in me.

I've dated men who were marketing directors to business owners and professional engine builders (IHRA/NHRA) to factory workers. Some of these men treated me with dignity and respect...and those who didn't were uncerimoniously dumped on their backsides--just the same as ANY other woman. However, unlike my thinner sisters, the men I've dated have been interested in more serious relationships instead of casual sex--one of the bonuses of being overweight.

I exercise. I don't spend my days sitting around doing nothing. I still buy myself cute sexy panties. I don't spend my weekends alone unless it's my choice. People tend to like me.

In short, I'm content with myself as a person. I'm obese, but that doesn't define me or my role in life. Sure, a person can make assumptions all day, but s/he is typically proven wrong.