View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 09:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 303/185/167 Female 5ft. 6in.
BF:I don't wanta know
Progress: 87%

Hi Holly,

I am having the same concern as you about the price of LC food. I stay away from the specialty products, and only eat fresh vegetables, a little canned or frozen vegetables, meat, fish, eggs and cheese. For snacks I eat some pork rinds and sunflower seeds. We eat losts of chicken. Around here, you can get 10 lbs. of chicken thighs and drumsticks for $3.90 most of the time. We also eat lots of eggs because they are cheap. The fish we eat is Whiting we found at Wal Mart. It is in the frozen fish section and is, I think, 7.99 for a 5 lb box. If you could find that, it would last you a long time. I think cheese and the fresh vegetables are our biggest expenses. We try to buy the produce when it is on sale if at all possible. Wish I had a place for a garden, but our back yard is way too shady. That would be a big help. Do you have a place you could grow a few vegetables? Even a couple of things in a flower bed would be a help.

About the coffee, you are doing exactly what my son is doing (he is also LCing), making it half and half. He has been losing weight fine while drinking it this way. As for me, I have avoided caffiene, but didn't drink that much anyway. My daughter is also LCing, and drinks an occasional regular Diet Pepsi and is also doing fine. I think it just depends on the person. I know that caffiene does affect your blood sugar, so that is why I aviod it.

Anyway, I am glad to meet you, and I hope you have great success losing the weight you need to lose. I look forward to celebrating your victories with you.
Martha