View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 08:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/148/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I can totally sympathize with you. I come from a family where my mom is thin and eats whatever she wants, my dad is also normal weight (but has diabetes in spite of that), and my brother is an elite level track cyclist! So they cannot seem to understand why I am not slender right now. My mom is going to be 57 this year and even made it through menopause and 2 kids without dieting or more exercise to maintain.

So, they think I must be doing something "wrong" to not be slender anymore. Although my DH is overweight now, he is not compassionate and totally does not seem to care about his weight, but he gives me these little digs about exercising more and about my diet. It's maddening!

But the good news is that we are going to stick with low-carbing and pretty soon we'll be among the slender in our families again! I second the recommendation to up your exercise a little at a time. My feet still hurt sometimes if I walk too far while carrying this excess poundage. I started 2 yrs ago only walking 1/2 mile and now I can walk for 6 or 7 around town if I want. I do all my local errands on foot. I needed another exercise as well, so last summer I started cycling and I love that!

Good Luck to you