#19   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 21:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130.5/119.5/115 Female 4'10.5"
BF:32%/32%/22%
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Jenny,
Be careful and never say never. You'd be surprised what you'll try once you start your stall. The stall hits us all, except perhaps for the very lucky few. We all want to believe we can stay faithful for life because of the rapid results we see in the beginning. When you hit a stall that lasts several months, frustration sets in and then start the attempts at refeeds, fat fasts, plan swaps, etc. all in a desperate attempt to get the scale moving again. (I suppose some even resort to gasp exercise!) Keep the faith!

I most cases I would agree with you and say "never say never" but in my case I was stalled since the day I finished induction which was back in Feb. until last week. I pretty much just stuck with it and last week... Woosh, lost 3 pounds. For me giving up sugar was so hard, to refeed just to lose more weight, just isn't worth it to me. I totally understand for many though who have a lot more to lose, why they do it, but for me, I'm almost to goal, and I've always exercised six days a week. Its about my new lifestyle, if I don't lose any more weight then so be it but, I have more energy and love the food I eat now. As long as I don't gain I'm happy. If I ever refeed, I know me, it would be like a recovering heroin addict shooting up again. Yes....its that bad with me.

I do hope though it does work out for all of you that do the refeed.