#6   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 21:47

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4lemon
Try some strawberries if you need some. My fave is to chop them up and mix with a bunch of home made whipped cream. Though on induction your fruit allowance is gonna be small. If you are the type where a taste sets you off (like me) you may want to save it for when you start stepping up your carbs.

Other breakfast ideas:

LC yogurt with a tbs or two of Atkins cereal on top (calculate the carbs, the cereal has anywhere from 3 to 5 grams per 2/3 cup serving). Maybe cook your eggs differently. I myself can't stomach scrambled eggs anymore, and have been eating them deviled all month. Yummy. Or, step out of the breakfast box, and eat something you might eat for a snack, lunch or dinner (a salad, veggies dipped in ranch or bleu cheese, celery sticks with peanut butter or cream cheese in the center).

Most of that stuff is not allowed on induction. Berries, peanut butter, yogurt, atkins cereals are all stuff that needs to wait for after induction. I know it's a tough 14 days but it really helps to stick with the allowed foods. scrambled tofu with salsa and cheese is a good alternative to eggs. Quiche although it's eggs really helps to mask the taste of egg (try using goat cheese, blue cheese or a smoked cheese to further mask the egg taste). I always load my quiche with PLENTY of veggies too. Tilapia fillets with cajun seasoning and a side of asparagus are a filling breakfast. Morningstar farms makes a good 'sausage' patty that I usually eat with a side of fried shredded cabbage. Tomato slices baked or broiled with basil and cheese is yummy too. Custards are sweet but legal. You can find an induction friendly crustless cheesecake or pumpkin pie too for something different. Just hold tight the first 14 days and know that you are only a couple weeks at most from some yummy berries!

Jenn