View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 19:33
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

I apologize for my unPC-ness. I really do. I am sorry.

I agree though with who said that it makes the true LCers look bad. I just feel like if they understood how and why it works, they would do it correctly and actually lose weight. They don't realize that going to the salad bar and loading the plate with veggies, beans, and sweet dressing isn't low carb. They think all I eat is deviled eggs and celery. I decided today not to waste my breath. I had a deep detailed convo with one of them today and he asked me to write out a meal plan for him, and I agreed to, but then he said he had the Atkins book at home. He also then said that his boyfriend doesn't want him doing Atkins because of "all the cholesterol". I did explain that your body creates its own cholesterol (and in super high amounts) if you don't eat it, and that studies were done many times where the subjects ate only fat and choleserol containing foods, and their levels dropped drastically. I also told him if he had the book, he shuold read it, and that is had meal plans and what to eat in it. I left it at that.