#5   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 17:04
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Hi lisa,

If you want a better explanation, i'll try.

Start with the idea that fat is stored by your body ON PUPOSE for future fuel. This is a really handy feature if you're a hunter/gatherer and skipping a lot of meals.

Now..with that premise:

If what you ate when directly into your body, what you said would make perfect sense, fat would add fat, sugar would add sugar, protein would add protein, etc.

However, NONE of your food goes DIRECTLY into your body. It is ALL processed. Your body metabolizes (i.e. processes) carbohydrates the easiest of any of the foods. When you eat carbs, your body burns what it needs for immediate energy, then guess what it does with the rest....you guessed it, the body processes the excess again and turns it into fat so it can use it later.

Your body ALWAYS needs energy. Guess what it does if it doesn't have enough easy carbs on hand to turn into energy.....yep, right again, it changes to produce stuff to burn the fat in your body as energy. The byproducts of that change show up with the keto sticks.

So...if the body has carbs, it will burn carbs, if it doesn't, it will burn fat. Your body cannot process the fat as well as it can the carbohydrates so it's harder for the body to breakdown the fat and then store it for use later.

Hope this helps....if you want more..pm me.