View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 13:32

Plan: Atkins/Keto/Volek/Phinney
Stats: 153/144.6/125 Female 63.5 inches
BF:27.4%
Progress: 30%

This is very intesting to me, as I am in the middle of a 2 day refeed. I had all the classic symptoms of low Leptin levels, so today I am eating nothing but "cr~p" carbs (PB Cap'n Crunch, fat free oatmeal raisin cookies, Gatorade, jelly beans, low-fat ice cream bars) and tomorrow will gradually decrease my carb levels and increase the fat and protein. Starting Monday I will be back to at least a week of strict Induction.

I hope it works, since I feel like utter shite and REALLY want protein and fat, right now (as well as LC veggies). Everyone warned me that I would crave more carbs and sugar, but that is SO not the case. I'm tired, queasy, irritable, depressed...yuck!

I find it interesting that the recommendation is to eat more calories while on Atkins, since there are still so many folks who encourage us to break through stalls by eating less calories and carbs. I think too many months of eating too few calories and staying under 30 carbs is what messed-up my Leptin/Glycogen levels (and in the past weeks I have been so hungry, which was never the case on this WOE, before). I really hope this refeed (and future occasional ones, if it works) is the trick to reset things and get my losses moving again.

Kirsten