View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 12:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/194/130 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

A lot of times people won't even know you are doing Atkins if you don't tell them. Unless you end up in a situation where there is nothing legal to eat, of course. I just stick to the meat and veggies and most of the time people never notice. It's when they drag out the dreaded birthday and other celebratory CAKES that I get flack. What is it about friggin' cake, anyway? It's taboo to say NO to it! People pretend to get their feelings hurt. Come on! How could it hurt someone's feelings if you don't eat a dessert? I could see it if you went to dinner somewhere and refused to eat the main course and didn't tell them you were on Atkins. If you told them you were a diabetic, it wouldn't hurt their feelings if you didn't eat the junk food.

My mother knows I am on Atkins and she came up with a tale of someone who "got really sick" doing Atkins. Well, one thing I notice about these stories is it's never the person who got sick telling the story, or second hand information, it's always at least third hand info. Someone who knows someone who knows someone who...anyway you get the picture.

As someone who has been a yoyoer all her life and who I remember taking diet pills like they were going out of style, I find that pretty rich! LOL! I've watched her go from 130 to 200 lbs many times in her life and back down again.

Atkins is so easy for people to pick on, who don't know the mechanics of it. The stories and myths surrounding Atkins are becoming like many other Urban Legends. All we eat is meat! No veggies! No fruits! We are pure carnivores and you know how all that nasty protein causes kidney failure! And all that fat! Good grief, it's a wonder we don't drop dead of a heart attack the first week!