View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 23:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/141/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Unhappy Discouraged and Are my goals realistic on Atkins?

I am feeling a little discouraged tonight.

I have been doing Atkins for a while now. I love this WOE ... but ....

I have never been able to get to goal. I got down to 132 (size 6) last summer by eating over 80% fat only. It was almost a fat fast (not quite). I got tired of it of course. Eating induction style (20 carbs or less and sticking with the other induction rules) I can't get below 135 and that is with exercise.

I walk 30 minutes a day and do 1 hour of Pilates about 5 days a week. I can't get rid of this slight doughy handles.

Is my goal of 130 lbs. as a medium-build 5'8" female unrealistic? The only time I have been 130 is when I was 14 (and grew from 5'2" to 5'8" within one year and again when I was eating seriously restrictive low-fat diet right after college (and lost 30 lbs at that time).

I got rid of the scale and decided to go by measurements recently but my measurements have not gone down a bit.

I fell off the wagon (eating way too many of the good foods) after a move a couple months ago and am now back on and keeping good track of everything I eat with a database program I wrote for myself. I got back up to size 10.

For the past several weeks I have been eating small 200 cal meals (about 6 a day) and keeping my fat above 70%. I eat no more than 20 grams of carbs a day and drink between 70 - 100 oz of water a day.

I am starting to think about it too much. Over-analyzing what I am eating ... trying to find the right combination that gets rid of my last bit of doughiness.

I am not sure what I am asking ... I am just feeling discouraged. Thinking maybe I should switch back to the Zone. But it is so complicated and I love foods with fat. It is hard to stay motivated to keep up the exercise and the WOE when I feel like I am getting nowhere. Am I being too impatient?
Sponsored Links