Old Fri, May-07-04, 11:22
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greycita
First of all, I would like to express how awful this Grave's disease issue has been for me. I feel like I'm too young to have my thyroid gland taken away and then to have to take a synthetic pill for the rest of my life just adds more stress to the whole situation. Oh, and did I mention I don't have health insurance? Anyway, after I got the radioactive Iodine treatment I loved the fact that I could eat whatever I wanted. Then I started becoming more aware of my health and started eating better and now I'm going to the gym about 6 times a week. I started gaining about a pound a day when I realized I better go see the doctor. He prescribed Levoxyl and I just want to know, when the heck am I going to shed this excess fat.....when I am going to start losing weight. I am only ten pounds overweight, but I'm going to the gym and eating healthy, can somebody out there tell me what's going to happen to me and when I are my clothes going to fit again? Please. I don't like this big butt I've inherited from Grave's disease. Thanks in advice for anyone who will write back. My e-mail address is ggmoya~aol.com

I had Graves too, I was in my 20's I think. Unlike you, I actually gained weight while I was hyperthyroid! I do have to say, taking the medication is no big deal, it becomes a part of your life.

While my body was draining of excess thyroid my metabolism slowed way, way down. I was on a 1200 a day calorie diet and could not lose weight, even with lots of exercise. But after I started on hormone it began to budge.

Take it a day at a time. Remember that some of your anxiety might actually be caused by too much thyroid hormone. My personality change a LOT after I got the Graves disease treated. It makes me think, even to this day, that perhaps a lot of our personality is the result of the hormonal cocktail running through our veins.
Sponsored Links