View Single Post
  #183   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 10:25

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Talking Thanks for the kid words, Stardust

I'm not familiar with the Twin Lakes area...but I've heard of it...I live on the Eastern Side of the Cascades in the Great Basin by the only lake and river that drains from the basin into the ocean...I think It's a great place...I can see the huge hiulk of Mt Shasta on the southern horizon and the Cascades are right in my back yard...I go hiking or fishing within about twenty minutes of where I live...haven't even gotten a bite this year, but I still love going down to the lake and tossing in my line and enjoying watching nature around me. My true love, though is the High Sierras and I go on about three hikes a year with my brother, who lives in Carson City, right next to them. Not that long ago, before I started this "diet," I had given up on ever backpacking again...I can't believe what a great thing this woe has done for ME! Being fat is one thing for the self-esteem, but for what it does to my spirit, that's much worse...now, that I'm in so much better shape, I look forward to getting up in the morning and thinking about my future hikes...it has given me a future, instead of just feeling like I was waiting to die as a fat, blubbery couch potato with high blood pressure and poor health...a guy who caught a cold about every three weeks. I don't get sick, any more! I'm a school teacher in one of my jobs and I'm surrounded by sick kids who sneeze all over me, but I don't get sick! I also work at Home Depot in the Garden Department as a Nursery Consultant and that is hard, hot, heavy work and back-breaking, at times...I could NEVER have done it without losing the weight and building up my lean body tissue from this woe. Even though I am on Neanderthin, it was inspired by the good Doctor Atkins and that man, rest his soul in a great place, saved my life!