View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 22:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

When the scale didn't budge for me...I trashed it...literally...and that was fun...then I bought a new one...this one has not been kind either...but It was too expensive to throw out...so...hmmm....

l do think about how much better I feel. I love feeling in control of my life...and eating. I love no longer having that stupid little voice taunting me to go eat. I simply do not feel like I constantly need to eat...I love that...

As many of you know...I was quite frustrated over the scale situation...I have calmed down from that...and these are some of the things I have done to help myself through it.

When I lost my first 10 lbs my d/h bought me a new leather purse...then I was going to change my hair for my second 10...but the scale was not co-operating...so I went ahead and did it anyhow, just last week...took myself from a streaked blonde...to a deep, rich auburn...it looks great...even my youngest told me I looked 10 years younger. Then today...I went shopping and bought myself some new clothes...The pants are an XL...which is good for me...cuz I was ready for 2X. so I am proud of that. The shirt is a 1X...and that too is down from a 2X...so I am happy about that too.

For me...when I am down...or frustrated I have to do something to make me feel better...and shopping is a good way. A lot of times it is just window shopping, because I don't want to put a bunch of money out for clothes I will not be able to wear for long. And I love to dream about buying some really nice...thin ladies clothes...I pick out all the fashions that I want when I finally get to goal...even on the net...I like to use my virtual model...and go shopping...it is so much fun. Every now and then though...I splurge.