View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 07:41
TeaQueen

Plan: My own verson of Atkins
Stats: 311/294/120 Female 5' 1
BF:
Progress: 9%

I guess I can jump in with the green tea question here. It is something that I have thought about a lot since I sell tea for a living. LOL

Green tea is excellent for you. Of course it does have some caffeine, but less than coffee.

Here's some info from my site on caffeine content.
One cup (8 oz) of black tea typically contains between 40 and 60 milligrams of caffeine. This is equivalent to a level of caffeine typically found in a can of soda pop.
Green tea typically contains of half that amount, between 15 and 30 milligrams.
Even decaffeinated tea contains a trace (between 5 and 10 milligrams) of caffeine.
If you are working on eliminating caffeine completely, please consider switching to herbal tea.

Green tea is the national beverage of Japan and the number 1 consumed beverage on the planet. Japan is home to some of the oldest living people in world. Can there be correlation? I think so. Their diet and what they drink is a huge contributor as it is for any human being.

A bit on Pu-erh Tuo Cha. They say that this tea comes from a special tea plant that is said to be related to pre-historic tea plants. I haven't seen any studies on this, but am doing some research on it now.

Rooibos which actually isn't "tea" per se grows off the cape of good hope in Africa. It has been used by African peoples for thousands of years as a beverage. In their villages and camps there is always a pot on the fire boiling. Is it from pre-historic times? I don't know, but it is rich in anti-oxidants and other health benenfits. I love the taste, and it has gotten me through some very trying LC moments. LOL

The reasearch on green and now white teas for health is numerous and amazing. Personally, I feel if something is that beneficial, then it is worth considering for adding to one's lifestyle.

There is an interesting article on White Tea here:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3079355/

FWITW