View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 12:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

Very interesting! Have you factored in the frequency of which you eat as well? For me I've discovered something interesting. I can eat the same carb levels and cals (basically the same Fitday numbers) but in 2 or 3 larger meals OR in 5 or 6 small meals. I don't loose when I eat 5 or 6 meals, my ketosis symptoms go away and I start to get cravings. I believe this has to do with my insulin resistance i.e. I produce more insulin the more often I eat. I haven't even attempted to go much higher carb because it seems to not work so well either -- again probably due to insulin resistance.

For me personally, I'm still toying around with calorie levels so I don't have much to contribute there. The whole insulin thing really fascinates me though and I think I have found how it plays a part in my personal weight loss-- but I'm always curious to learn more. I don't think I fully have a grasp on how my body works yet. And to make maters worse it seems so individual-- we all work a little differently.

Anyway, I'd be curious to know if you have experienced any differences eating more or less often.