View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 08:10

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

You can find dehydrated tvp, veggies and beans, or spinach hummus (the beans are flaked so they rehydrate instantly. I think fantastic is who makes them) to take. The tvp is the lowest carb of those items. They weigh almost nothing and you just need to add water to them. Freeze dried fruits are very lite. Trail mix with nuts/coconut would be good. You can always mix your own. LC cereal is lite and something to munch on as well. You can make a nice 'oatmeal' out of oatbran, water and the freeze dried fruit, walnuts and a packet of splenda. Dried powdered milk too although I am sure just like regular milk it's a little more carby. Tuna in the disposable pouches would be a lot lighter than canned. They also have salmon in the same packets. Toss that in with some of the dehydrated veggies and you have a nice little soup. Nut butter and crackers are good as well. There are a few brands that do make LC crackers. I get a wasa(I ***THINK** thats the brand) xtra fiber and they are very low carb for a sheet. Bread has a tendancy to mold after a couple days of high heat. I have even seen cooked wild rice in vaccuum sealed packets in walmart. Herbal tea packets or sugarfree cocoa might be a nice treat to pack as well. Just make sure you take enough food and water. Make the best carb choices you can but aslo make sure that you have enough to actually sustain you on your trip. Oh and have a WONDERFUL time!!

Jenn