Old Wed, May-05-04, 22:05
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianin
How did you start out built? How did you progress to where you are now? Have your goals changed since you started lifting? I've been lifting for 6 weeks now and my goals have already changed! Originally I was just using weight training to gain some muscle and was planning on running a 5k this fall. Now I'm not really too interested in that running business but sure am addicted to lifting! What do you mean by "heavy"? Just what you can push through 6 reps max? Other than protein are there any supplements that are "necessary" for bb's? Sorry for all the questions but thought I'd get them in before I went to bed Thanks for all the supportive help. It's been a great way to learn more about bodybuilding!

~ Cori ~

I'll answer as best I can:
I started at 170 fat and squishy about 3 years ago. Goals have changed - I LOVE having muscles now, so I'm always trying to make more. It's VERY hard to do that after the first year.
I used to run 10k 3x a week. That's how I grew to 170. Screw that! I don't run anymore. Killed my hips and knees, especially as I got so fat. Very different diet then though.
Supps: 15g glutamine spread through the day
6-15g fish oil
lots of protien, but we all get that here!
WATER.

I take other stuff, like vitamin C and coq10 and B vitamins, vit E, cod liver oil. But the fish oil and glutamine are awesome!

Trainerdan takes Branched Chain Amino Acids - I've PMd him on it and will report back.

SO GLAD to hear you're lifting!

Sometimes I take creatine, but usually only when I'm bulking because you really need an insulin spike with creatine. I love creatine though! I love bulking too, but I long for my abs toward the end...