View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 20:36
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/neanderthin
Stats: 115/?/? Female 5'3"
BF:25%
Progress:

thanks everyone for all the super-helpful information and resources. i have looked at all the websites and articles and am learning so much - in fact, there is so much information out there that my brain (and eyes) started hurting after reading for 2 hours.
i guess it get overwhelming when there IS so much to learn and so MANY theories out there that all don't totally agree. what i mean, is it's just so frustrating every now and then to know which one is right. i guess for me, i am learning that the one thing that every diet/woe have in common is that they cut the sugar and funky-junky carbs. i guess that only makes sense as they are just empty calories. the rest of the diets and guides lead me to agree and disagree with practically everything on various levels. all in all, i think i have to try to find something that works with my self, and my history - and my life.
i love the concepts behind the hunters and gatherers, but i have to be real with myself: i eat out more than once a year! plus, unless i didn't have a busy job and active life, i would love to stay home and prepare meals all day. but that's not realistic for me. however, i am learning to work around this and do my best to make it work as best i can. i really do love the way this feels, and i guess that's what's important for anyone, right? i want to stick to this sugar/junk food free WOE and live life to the fullest. i'm behind anyone and everyone else on this trip, too

so with that, cheers and bravo to you all!

danni