View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 11:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/150/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:
Default Weight gain after 8 months of Atkins! Need advice

My boyfriend and I have been following Atkins for about 8 months now. We love the lifestyle, and could easily eat this way forever. I've only lost about 20lbs, but as long as it keeps coming off, i'm happy. My BF however..has been having problems. Sorry if this gets too long When we first started atkins, he was losing weight slowly, but steadily. He was very happy, he loves all the food and after years of low fat, he could finally eat again! He lost about 10 lbs in the first 4 or 5 months, and was happy so far with it. But then, all of a sudden in the last 3 months, he started gaining it back. He didn't go off the diet or change the way he was eating. We can't find a single thing he was doing differently. He raised his calories, and after about a month of gaining more weight, Eventually he started to lower his calories again, and he's down to 1600 now (which i think is low) but he's still gaining the weight back. He's now actually UP 5 lbs from when we started the diet 8 months ago! He's started to get really upset and discouraged. He's very strict with following the diet, doens't eat the sugar-free chocolates or bars, or even any low carb resturant food (ie subways or ruby tuesdays). He works out 6 days a week. 6 cardios a week with 3 heavy lifting days. And he still doens't lose weight! A sample menu would be:

B: 2-3 eggs, 1/8 cups cheddar, 3 strips bacon
L: Often the same as breakfast or maybe a big salad w/broccoli
S: Chicken Thighs/Breast w/salad. Or maybe Pork roast or baked Meatballs with scant amount of sauce and some cheese. Occassionally chicken wings
Snack: some pieces of cheese or brocolli and ranch

Thats about it..he doesn't vary his menu very much. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I can't think of anything else to try. My last suggestion was for him to try a fat fast before he gives up. Any and all help would be greatly appreticated!

-Kali
Sponsored Links