View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 04:06

Plan:
Stats: 286/254/148
BF:
Progress:

Hi there

I've only been doing this about as long as you but it does seem to take some tracking down. Heres what I've found so far, dont know how perfect it is but I'm going to give some baking a whirl as I feel like I'm starving to death. Which I'm not at all but something other than meat and veg would be nice.

I havent used it yet but I will tomorrow but I found "Natures Way" instant Natural protein, in Safeways. It is natural isolated soy protein, high in protein and low in fat and I'm pretty sure it's the stuff Wa'il was talking about. I think it was about $8 so it isnt cheap but I must admit that nice low carbing isnt the cheapest diet you can go on. Also at Safeways I found Lowans (Aussie made as well) Gluten Flour which I hope is the same as the Vital Gluten Flour that turns up in various of the recipes. Its fairly low in Carbs but high in protein. Lowan also does natural oatbran which I think maybe able to be used as Oat Flour but I'm waiting to hear as its very high in carbs. Apparently whey protein can be used in place of soy protein and tastes better so I'm currently trying to track that down and in fact am hopeful that my husband may have found it on his way to work tonight. I am tracking Stevia via the Aussie distributor who is here in melbourne and will let you know when I find some and whether its any good.

I have already made a nice cheesecake without anything special and find that karens recipes in particular are life savers and not difficult to do. Safeways own brand soda water and diet lemonade are 2 of the best tasting around but are really cheap at around 89c. safeways also sells hazelnut and almond meal if you dont have a coffee grinder. Apparently nut flour is much nicer in cooking than some of this other stuff.

I'm currently also tracking unsweetened dark chocolate so if you find it please let me know as I am determined to make chocolate chip biscuits.

This diet really works, stick with it. Its a real life saver and with a bit of organisation, i think it can work well and sustainably.

Good luck

Nicola
Anyway I'm trying muffins and maybe bread tomorrow so I'll let you know if they're edible and will keep you posted if I find anything else.