View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 03:29

Plan:
Stats: 286/254/148
BF:
Progress:

Hi Karen et al

Nothing momentous. But I must add that the chicken recipe of yours I did yesterday and the asparagus frittata I had for breakfast were really superb. A welcome change and I am scouring the health food shops daily to try and find a few more ingredients to expand the range.

3 small things...

1. I couldnt find pure oat flour so have got ground up natural oat bran. is this the same thing or can it be used as an effective substitute. It is 20 carb gms per 40g serve but has 6.4g of dietary fibre. It seems really high in carbs and incredibly healthy to be adding into biscuits and muffins!!! (You can tell its a whole new way of thinking for me!!)

2. What do you use to thicken sauces (apart from cream)? Is arrowroot ok?

3. Every day I have mixed salad leaves, rocket, lettuce etc with a garlic vinaigrette with one of my meals and I definitely have to find out what the horrible spicy leaf is in there and what it looks like. It tastes kind of peppery and as theres only the odd leaf or two, I tend to only find it once its been chewed up. Hence I'm having trouble spotting it to remove it before it gets past my mouth. What is it and what does it look like?

Thanks

Nicola

Sponsored Links